WHY EAT EGGS? Besides being tasty, high in protein and they can be prepared in so many creative ways here are 5 reasons to keep cracking them open:
1. TO SLIM DOWN – studies have shown that dieters who eat eggs for breakfast achieve a 60% greater weight loss then those who begin their day with a calorie-equivalent breakfast. Researchers theorize the quality of protein in the eggs help control appetite. There are about 70 calories in a whole egg (with yolk), 17 calories in just each egg white and 7 grams of protein.
2. TO PROTECT YOUR HEART – Numerous studies have debunked the link between eggs and heart disease. A unique protein found in egg yolks blocks platelets, which are the cells responsible for blood clots, from clumping together inside blood vessels thereby minimizing heart-attack risk. So add a yolk into your egg white omelets! I don’t everyday but a few days per week for sure!
3. TO FIGHT INFLAMMATION – Eggs contain choline which playing a key role in brain health and helps keep the body’s circulatory system clear of compounds that could cause inflammation (reduces muscle swelling after hard workouts).
4. TO MAINTAIN BONE STRENGTH – Eggs are one of the few natural sources of bone-building vitamin D. One egg supplies 10% of the daily value.
5. TO KEEP YOUR VISION SHARP – Yolks contain the pigment lutein which helps prevent age-related macular degeneration. Spinach and other greens contain higher amounts of lutein BUT eggs provide a more absorbable form.
Here are just a few examples of ways to prepare eggs:
egg white pancakes (see my recipes), egg omelets with veggies, egg white french toast, egg sandwiches, egg whites in a wrap with cheese and salsa, poached eggs, hard boiled eggs, hard boiled egg whites mashed up with mustard like egg salad sandwich, fried eggs, etc.
A new egg recipe will be posted soon!!!